Kartridge - PR and Marketing
Based in Brighton, UK
Press / Business contact:
Drop us a mail :)
This is Kartridge
Kartridge is a fresh-faced communications consultancy destined to give stuffy comms a kick up the arse. With extensive experience of international games publishing, worldwide media networks plus events management and promotion, Kartridge delivers products, brands and ideas direct to target businesses and consumers.
Case StudiesCase Study: Prospekt (Seacorp Technologies)
Launch campaign for the debut title from British indie developer Richard Seabrook, based on the Half-Life 2 Source engine // Huge international coverage across specialist and mainstream press, including several interviews with the likes of BBC, PCGamesN, GameStar (DE) and WIRED.Case Study: The Turing Test (Square Enix Collective)
Launch campaign for original first-person puzzler from Derby-based Bulkhead Interactive.Case Study: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Warhorse Studios)
Multi-city press tour to demo the latest updates to top tier specialist media // Exclusive interviews and coverage secured in the likes of Eurogamer, Digital Outburst, GamesMaster, GameSpot, Kotaku, PC Gamer, PCGamesN, Official PlayStation Magazine, Official Xbox Magazine, The Sixth Axis.Case Study: Guild Wars 2 (ArenaNet)
Hugely successful pre-purchase campaign resulting in one million pre-launch sales // Week-one Metacritic score of 94 // Number One in GFK All Formats Charts in ten top EU territories, including the UK where it was the first PC-only game to do so since 2010 // Two million sales milestone reached within a fortnight of launch // Numerous Game of the Year and category awards across UK and the rest of the continent - Best PC Game (IGN UK), MMO of the Year (PC Gamer UK), Best MMO (Jeuxvideo.com FR), PC Game of the Year (4Gamers BE), Game of the Year (Gamer.nl), Game of the Year Reader Award (OnlineWelten DE) // Cleverly managed PR campaign ramped up steadily over a number of years and maintained for years after launch.
YOGSCAST Kim's let's play of The Turing Test (Square Enix Collective): YouTube
Here's a selection of coverage achieved by Kartridge - PR and Marketing. If you would like to know more about any of these articles, please get in touch.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "I must say sir, you are good at your job; we're basically on every single gaming website in the world now." - Richard Seabrook, Developer, Prospekt
- "Thank you again for everything you are doing... I could not have managed this without you. You've been so flexible and helpful." - Tyler Owen, Developer, Lacuna Passage
- "Craig is an attentive and passionate PR who strongly gets behind each of the titles he works on. He's always available to chat and is extremely easy to deal with in person, too. His indie clients have been lucky to work with him." - Samuel Roberts, Editor, PC Gamer
- "Time and time again, the service Craig at Kartridge provides is spot on! As a journalist, I am provided with fantastic leads as well as constant professional communication which makes him one of my go-to guys when I am on the hunt for the latest independent gaming developments." - Emma Spalding, Freelance journalist writing for GameSkinny.com
- "As someone who has worked with Craig over the last five years, I can honestly say he is one of the best PR representatives I have come across. Enthusiastic, helpful, and refreshingly honest with everything he is involved in, Craig has always ensured I have the media access and resources I need to deliver the best content possible. He is an invaluable contact to have, and is always a pleasure to work with be it remotely or at media events." - Carl Phillips, Freelance Digital Media Creator, Digital Outburst
- "Craig has been brilliant, particularly so when it came to sorting out a time with developers at EGX. More than that, he's incredibly consistent. Always polite, happy and quick to respond." - Chris Wray, Writer, Wccftech
- "Kartridge may be a new(ish) PR team but they have a number of years of experience working with clients and the press, understanding what both sides need to make the relationship flourish, from detailed press releases to fun events, everything that might be needed is right there. They take the time to make sure you have everything, trying to pre-empt your needs. We look forward to working with Kartridge again." - Andrew Edney, Editor, MoviesGamesandTech.com
- "Craig is definitely one of the nicest PR guys going. Regardless of site size or viewership, he dedicates his time accordingly to everyone and never fails to reply to a query. There are a lot of great PRs in the games industry, but Craig not only does his job well, but his personality and overall charm make Craig stand out against the rest." - Adam Neaves, Senior Writer News Editor, Game Hype
- "I have been working with Craig for around a year, and he has always been extremely helpful, prompt and friendly. He has always been happy to help with any query I have, and his press releases are always timely and relevant. As far as PR contacts go, I could not ask for better!" - Kim Snaith, Co-Founder and Co-Editor in Chief, GameSpew
- "In my dealings with Craig I have found him to be always extremely proactive and polite when linking developers with the media. This can be a tortuous job and also a thankless one in many regards, but Craig seems to take it in his stride." - Chris O'Regan, Senior Editor, SPOnG.COM Ltd
- "Throughout my time working with Craig Stephens and his company Kartridge, he has always gone above and beyond anything I have ever expected when it comes to working with my site Invision Community, even to the point where he spent time with a bunch of students at EGX 2016 to showcase the games industry through his eyes and the games he was working on. Being a company still growing, gaining support is a hard thing to achieve, as even now some PR firms still close the door on us. Simply put, we are not worth their time and effort. But this is not always the case as we have seen with Kartridge; we have grown together, formed a business relationship, respect and trust. There is nothing more satisfying than getting this from any PR firm and puts a huge smile on my face." - Craig Roberts, Site Owner, Invision Community
- "I have to say, that press pack you sent me is by far most professional and organised we have ever had." - Alex Malkin, Director, Lambda Generation
- "MCV 30 Under 30" - Craig Stephens
- "Games Media Awards Judge (multiple years)" - Craig Stephens
- "Jagex Spotlight Award for outstanding work" - Craig Stephens
- "MCV Awards Finalist, Best PR Team" - Craig Stephens (NCSOFT)
- "MCV Awards Finalist, Best PR and Comms Team" - Kartridge
- "I quit my job to make a videogame as a job application"
- Prospekt interview, BBC
- "Massive Half-Life 2 add-on Prospekt releases February"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, PC Gamer
- "Valve has approved this fan-made Half-Life sequel to sell on Steam"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, The Verge
- "Prospekt - The fan continuation of Opposing Force has a release date"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, GameStar (DE)
- "Fan-Made, Valve-Approved Sequel To Half-Life: Opposing Force Will Be Sold On Steam"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Game Informer
- "Fan-made 'Half-Life' game comes to Steam next month, with Valve's blessing"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Mashable
- "A sequel to Half-Life: Opposing Force"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Jeuxvideo.com (FR)
- "Valve-approved fan-made Half-Life expansion Prospekt dated for February"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Eurogamer
- "Half-Life 2 add-on Prospekt to release in February"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, IGN
- "An unlikely Prospekt: how a Valve job application became Steam's latest Half-Life 2 campaign"
- Prospekt interview, PCGamesN
- "Huh! A Valve-Approved Half-Life: Opposing Force Sequel"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Rock,Paper,Shotgun
- "Half-Life 2 game Prospekt continues the story of Opposing Force from a new perspective"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, VG24/7
- "A new Half-Life created by a fan and approved by Valve"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Le Journal du Gamer (FR)
- "Valve greenlights sale of fan-made Half-Life game"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Gamasutra
- "Fan-made Half-Life sequel hits Steam on Feb. 11"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Polygon
- "A Half-Life sequel is coming next month, but it's not what you think"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, TechRadar
- "The independently developed Half-Life 2 expansion Prospekt is now Valve-approved"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Kotaku
- "Half-Life Opposing Force fan continues the story with his own project"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, Igromania (RU)
- "Valve Approves This Fan-Made Half-Life Game That Uses Official Assets"
- Prospekt pre-order announcement, GameSpot
- "Fan-Made Prospekt is the Half-Life Sequel We May Never Get"
- Prospekt interview, WIRED
- "The Turing Test is for the 30th of August on Xbox One and PC"
- The Turing Test release date announcement, Jeuxvideo.com (FR)
- "The Future Indie of Square Enix Collective"
- Square Enix Collective feature, IGN (ES)
- "Kingdom Come: Deliverance brings bloody realism to RPG combat at last"
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance press tour, PC Gamer
- "My Ride Through Kingdom Come, The Medieval RPG With No Magic Bullshit"
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance press tour, Kotaku
- "Review: The Turing Test"
- The Turing Test review, Gamereactor
- "The Turing Test review"
- The Turing Test review, Eurogamer
- "THE TURING TEST: Europa Landing"
- The Turing Test let's play, YOGSCAST Kim
==== Clients To-Date ====
Plus a list of the projects worked and their release year ...
City of the Shroud (unreleased) https://abyssalarts.com.
Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire (unreleased), Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (2015), Guild Wars 2 (2012), Guild Wars (2005) http://arena.net.
Balrum (2016) http://balconyteam.com.
War for the Overworld (2015) http://brightrockgames.com.
Leap of Fate (2016) http://clever-plays.com.
Captain Kaon (2017) http://engagepixel.com.
Kenshi (unreleased) https://lofigames.com.
Moss (unreleased) https://polyarcgames.com.
Random Seed Games
Lacuna Passage (unreleased) http://randomseedgames.com.
Prospekt (2016) store.steampowered.com.
Square Enix Collective
Battalion 1944 (unreleased), Black The Fall (2017), Children of Zodiarcs (2017), Deadbeat Heroes (unreleased), Forgotton Anne (unreleased), Oh My Godheads (unreleased), Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King (unreleased), The Turing Test (2016), Tokyo Dark (unreleased) http://collective.square-enix.com.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (unreleased) https://warhorsestudios.cz.
==== Previous Employers ====
Plus a list of the projects worked and their release year ...
Battlefield 2142 (2006), Battlefield 2: Armored Fury (2006), FIFA Soccer 2003 (2002) http://ea.com.
RuneScape HD (2008), RuneScape (2001), complete FunOrb catalogue (2008) http://jagex.com.
Blade and Soul (2016), WildStar (2012), AION (2008), City of Heroes (2004), Lineage II (2003), Lineage (1998) http://ncsoft.com.
EGX, EGX Rezzed, Gamer's Edition, plus the complete media network including Eurogamer, VG24/7, RPS, Outside Xbox, GamesIndustry.biz, Nintendo Life, Indie DB, Push Square, Mod DB, Digital Foundry, USGamer, Family Gamer TV, BrasilGamer, Prima Games, MetaBomb, Arekkz and Westie http://gamer-network.net.